Do each exercise below for 10-12 reps and 2-3 rounds. If you’re new to these moves, start with the band above the knees for all of them. If you’re intermediate or advanced, you can move the band around your ankles for the first three exercises. You want to feel the burn, so keep working for it!
1. Start lying on the right side, with the band above knees. Place right forearm on the ground and stack right shoulder over the right elbow, pushing the floor away to create space on the right side. Bend knees and hips about 45 degrees and stack knees and hips on top of each other. This is your starting position.
2. Then, squeeze left glute and rotate left hip outward, lifting left knee toward the ceiling.
3. Slowly lower back down. Repeat for reps, then switch sides.
Banded Glute Bridge Abductions——
1. Start lying on the back, with the band above knees. Bend knees, place feet flat on the floor about shoulder-width apart. Make sure heels are close to butt and back is flat against the floor.
2. Drive through the feet and squeeze glutes to lift hips toward the ceiling. Make sure to maintain a slight posterior pelvic tilt, so you’re not arching low back.
3. When you reach the top with hips forming a diagonal line from knees to shoulders, drive knees out against the band, going wider than shoulders.
4. Then bring knees back to shoulder-width, and slowly lower back down to the floor. Repeat.
High Plank Leg Lifts——
1. Start in a push-up or high plank position, with the band around ankles, forming a straight line from shoulders to heel. Line shoulders directly over wrists.
2. Without arching back, squeeze right glute and lift right leg up toward the ceiling. Then place it back down.
3. Then, squeeze left glute and lift the left leg up toward the ceiling. Then place it back down. That’s one rep. Don’t let your hips drop or pike up; pull belly button up toward the spine and push the floor away from you with hands. Continue alternating.
1. Start standing with feet hip-width apart and band around ankles.
2. Lower into a shallow squat position, sending hips down and back and bending knees. Hold this position as you take three steps to the left.
3. Next, take three steps to the right. That’s one rep. Make sure your chest stays tall, back flat, and core tight. Resist knees collapsing in toward each other by driving them outward and aim to keep feet parallel the entire time. Repeat.
1. Start standing with feet hip-width apart and band around ankles, hands clasped in front of you.
2. Push hips down and back, bending knees and lowering into a squat. Make sure the chest stays tall, back flat, and core tight. Resist knees collapsing in toward each other by driving them outward.
3. Then, drive heels and toes into the ground to stand back up. Repeat.